We provide a rigorous play-based emergent curriculum. This means that we play, and we play, and we play! Our philosophy is child-centered and we run with their interests, integrating as many learning experiences as possible into the day. Your child will get muddy, wet, and full of paint on a regular basis! For a better idea of some of our learning experiences you may wish to check out our blog archives!
For a tour of our indoor spaces, visit these blog posts:
We also have a short narrated tour of our space:
If you are interested in our childcare, please visit the Contact Us Page or
call Ms. Amy or Mr. Allan at (906) 225-5594.
Here you will find the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions:
- What are your rates? We charge a flat weekly rate of $180/week for infants or $165/week for Toddlers on up. (18 months+) or a daily rate of $40/day (infants) or $35/day (18 months +).
- Do you take any forms of assistance? Yes! We take some forms of assistance, currently: NACCRRA (for military families) and Tribal Assistance.
- How many children do you have enrolled? The number of children that are enrolled at any given time varies. However, we are only licensed to care for twelve children at any one given time.
- Do you charge any additional fees? Yes. There is a $25 enrollment fee. There are also fees associated with late payments and returned payments.
- Do you have a contract? Yes, we do have a childcare contract
- Is your childcare refundable? No, under normal circumstances childcare is not refundable or transferable.
- Am I entitled to any sick or vacation days? No, our clients do not receive any sick or vacation day benefits. However, as the provider we have 6 days of paid professional development and/or holidays per year.
- Are you open on holidays? Do you take vacations? We are not typically open on holidays. We also do take vacation time throughout the year. As a thank you to our clients, we do not charge for our vacations.
- Do you close at any other times? We do not typically close at any other times. If we do have to close for our own personal reasons not indicated above, the client will be notified as soon as possible and will not be charged for care. Our home is set up to allow us to continue to function if one of us becomes ill, and we are open during snow days.
- Do you have any children of your own? Yes, our son Dane was born in 2002.
- Do you have any vacancies? We do not currently have any openings, but we do maintain a waiting list. (You can access the waiting list by clicking here).
- Do you provide meals? Yes, we participate in the USDA food program. We serve breakfast, am snack, lunch, and pm snack daily.
- What age children do you care for? We are licensed to care for children from birth to age 12. Our program focuses primarily on a “toddle on up” age range, but cares for a limited number of infants. (We will only take 1 infant under the age of 12 months per adult, This ensures a lower ratio and enables us to provide for the needs of all of the children. We welcome infants in our care when we have the availability, but availability for infant care is limited due to our lower ratio guidelines and current families take priority over new enrollees).